Our program is unique, in that our player development is extremely important to us. We give our athletes the opportunity to receive quality playtime for the first half of the season, then later finalize a solid core and make the push to the end of the season. And y'all know, it’s all about “playtime”. This gives the coaches time to see these athletes play under difficult situations and how they interact and compete on the court with their teammates.
ALL TEAMS WILL PRACTICE AT:
WEST RIDGE MIDDLE SCHOOL: 9201 Scenic Bluff Dr., Austin, TX 78733
HYDE PARK HIGH SCHOOL or MIDDLE SCHOOL: 11400 North Mopac Expresdsway, Austin, TX 78759 or 3901 Speedway, Austin, TX 78751
Travel and Regional team definitions:
Travel Teams: 13 and 14 Asics / 15, 16 and 17 Asics and Spalding teams
- Asics travel teams will start practice three days a week (two hours a practice) starting the first week of December. Spalding travel teams will practice two days a week.
- Compete in approximately 10 tournaments during the season (Tour of Texas Power League, Lone Star Classic and Lone Star Regional).
- Tournaments will start in January and will culminate at an “End of the Year” tournament (USA Nationals or the AAU Junior National Championships), mid June into the first week of July. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
- Regular season practice will end just before leaving for “End of the Year” tournament (mid to late June).
- The costs of all Travel teams are a “One Time Cost”. There are no hidden fees and you will not be asked for additional monies.
- These teams are only traveling to one out of state tournament (End of the Year Tournament).
- Our feeling at the Adam Johnson Volleyball Club for only traveling to one out of state tournament is a two-part answer. The first part, it’s going to save the athletes and parents about $1,200 at the very low end each trip. The second, we have two opportunities (Lone Star Classic and Lone Star Regional) to make the USA Nationals in our area. WE WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO QUALIFY. There are other tournaments out there. Trust me. Having gone to the AAU /JVA Junior National Championships in the “Open Division” for the third season now, I found after talking with many Division I college coaches, their feeling is the AAU Junior National Championships has better competition with all the same college coaches watching. I know this is a different way to do things, but it’s worked with our program in the past and will continue to do so. Things are changing in the volleyball world; you might want to read up on them (http://www.avca.org/ or http://aauvolleyball.org/Events/NationalChampionships/2011GirlsNationalChampionships.aspx).
Regional Teams: 12 Asics and Spalding / 13 and 14 Spalding
- The Regional teams will practice two days a week (two hours a practice) starting the first week of December.
- Compete in approximately 10 tournaments during the season (Lone Star Classic, Lone Star Regional).
- Tournaments will start in January and will culminate at the Lone Star Regional (first week of May).
- Regular season practice will end just before the Lone Star Regional tournament.
15 / 16 / 17 Asics: $3,995.00
15 / 16 / 17 Spalding: $3,695.00
14 Asics: $3,895.00
14 Spalding: $3,495.00
13 Asics: $3,100.00
13 Spalding: $2,695.00
12 Asics: $1,995.00
12 Spalding: $1,895.00
We are excited to announce that we will be incorporating the PLYOCITY workout (www.plyociy.com) program with all of our teams this season. This is a “Volleyball Specific” training program that is being used by many “Top Professionals” in the volleyball world; including Misty May-Treaner and Kerri Walsh from the United States, who just won the GOLD MEDAL for the second straight Olympics in Beijing.
- Fees cover all the below:
- Gym rental
- Coaching fees
- Tournament Entry Fees
- USAV Registration
- Coaches Accreditation
- Administration fees
- Transportation at the end of the year tournament for travel teams (from hotel to the event).
- Fees do “Not” cover:
- Airfare, hotels, food, transportation to and from practice and local tournaments (Dallas, Houston, San Antonio etc.). We will make arrangements for carpooling.